or… Nine Things From CiL That Are Made Of Awesome
9. Meeting a bunch of people I have admired from afar for many years but have never had a chance to talk to in person.
8. Having too many concurrent sessions to choose from.
7. According to the folks who attended the Pecha Kucha, it was an informative and entertaining presentation. I can avow the entertaining bit — at times the laughter and clapping coming from the other side of the divider overwhelmed the session I was attending. I will choose that session next time.
6. Thinking about gaming and libraries in a new way, and pondering how libraries can take ideas from gaming to make our resources more intuitive and rewarding for our users.
4. Being inspired to promote the library as a place to solve problems.
3. Learning about studies that contradict the commonly held belief that students go to online search engines first, rather than library resources, when doing research.
2. Getting inspired to un-suck my OPAC in the “Woepac to Wowpac” session.